Amigas, as we gear up for our upcoming #WeAllGrow Summit this September at the La Quinta Resort in the beautiful Palm Desert, CA, we’re ready to announce that our beloved Storytellers event is back for its sixth edition and this year it’s in partnership with Pure Leaf Iced Tea.
Storytellers is one of the most anticipated events and has been part of #WeAllGrow Summit since day one. Get ready for an emotional main stage experience celebrating six brave and powerful mujeres and femme Latines sharing their unique stories. We are so excited to bring these stories to life in 2022 with our partner, Pure Leaf. This partnership aims to provide our comunidad a platform to share, elevate, and honor their voices with the theme “Saying NO to Say YES to Me”.
We’re saying yes to ourselves this year and beyond! You are the author and voice of your authentic and unapologetic story that deserves to be heard and celebrated. We’re here for you and excited to receive your Storytellers application.
Pure Leaf’s “No is Beautiful” platform, inclusive of their most recent “No” Grants and Campaign, emphasizes the beauty and importance of saying “No” in the workplace to be able to say yes to ourselves. Their “No is Beautiful” campaign has encouraged people everywhere to reclaim and embrace the word “no” so they can say “yes” to things that matter to them.
Ready to shine on the #WeAllGrow Summit Storytellers 2022 main stage? Apply now!
Because we value your vulnerability to share your story to impact others, the six selected Storytellers will receive an all-expense invite to our sold-out #WeAllGrow Summit 2022, courtesy of Pure Leaf. This includes one full-access conference pass, domestic round-trip airfare for one, and a shared three-night stay at the La Quinta Resort in Palm Desert, CA with one other impactful selected storyteller.
The multi-talented Kathy Cano Murillo (the one and only Crafty Chica) and her daughter, actress Maya Murillo are returning as our hosts for this year. Kathy will also provide priceless coaching via video conferencing in the weeks leading up to the Summit for all selected storytellers. She’s inspiring, helpful, and a storyteller in her own right. You are in for a treat!
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges comprised of the Pure Leaf team, Kathy Cano Murillo, and #WeAllGrow Latina.
Below find all the details and breakdown of the process. ¡Buena suerte, Amigas!
All applicants will need to submit a 1-minute video with the main arc of their story which will have to be centered around the theme of: “Saying NO to Say YES to Me”
- Note that we will only consider pitches along this topic:
- “Saying NO to Say YES to Me”.
- Stories must be original and true.
- 1-minute video pitch sharing only the main arc of your story. Any videos over one minute will automatically be disqualified.
- Stay away from wide topics like “the story of my life” or “how I became a blogger” or “why I launched my business” and narrow it down to a particular moment or anecdote that leads to your story and the 2022 theme.
- The video pitch must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo (as Unlisted is fine) and the link shared for submission.
- Note we are not looking for a professionally produced video. We’re only judging the quality of your story as it will be told on stage.
- Pitch can be bilingual, but at least 80% must be in English.
- You may submit as many times as you’d like.
- You must be willing to partner with Pure Leaf for future projects and participate in possible invitations around the 2022 #WeAllGrow Storytellers event hosted by Pure Leaf.
All pitches must be received via the online form by 11:59 pm PST on August 6th, 2022. Strict deadline with no exceptions. Full terms and conditions here.
¡Ni lo pienses, atrévete! 😉 We can’t wait to see you on the Storytellers stage and hear your story.
SUBMIT YOUR PITCH!
Apply by August 6 at 11:59pm PT.
Don’t stop at only applying for Storytellers!
You can also step into your power and apply for Pure Leaf’s “No” Grants by visiting www.PureLeafGrants.com and sharing how you would use the funds to say “no” at work in the short term to be able to say “yes” to something that matters to you – without bearing the additional financial consequences. For more information on Pure Leaf and “No is Beautiful,” please visit www.PureLeaf.com or follow @PureLeaf on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
To stay updated on this and other upcoming events, announcements, and more valuable content, sign up for some #WeAllGrow email love.